Blue crayfish is pregnant. Eggs look more brown than black

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I don't know how fast she will eat them if she is fed regularly. I have a breeding colony and I'm not saying the big males especially and the little ones eat each other but the females don't venture out much. They typically grab food and run right back to the home they came out of. She may eat them if she comes in contact after they leave the hide but I've seen little ones in with the females all the time. My issues are the 3 big males the dominant male is a real jerk. I haven't seen him eat anyone else yet but I've seen him try to catch the little ones from time to time so I'd guess he has had some luck.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
We thought it was Gary until I saw eggs under the tail. Gary was purchased about 3 weeks ago from a pet store. What are the chances of eggs hatching? I am trying to decide wether I need to separate her from everyone and what to do with all the babies if the do hatch...

View attachment 1410822
Also that looks to be a self cloning crayfish or marbled crayfish. They are all "female" and usually do not eat their own.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store