Blue dolphin moorii growth rate?

Plum7

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
Canada
It's the great thing about this forum I was going to ask the exact same question, but there's already a thread. I've had my blue dolphin about 5 months and they are growing but not as fast as I had thought

View attachment 1442305
How big did you get them? I have one that grew very fast, he went from 2 inches to 4 inches in a matter of about 4-5 months the rest of the other ones i got didn't grow too fast except for 2 females in another group they grew faster than their siblings and one female is becoming more dominant as she gets bigger..

Machine 79

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2020
How big did you get them? I have one that grew very fast, he went from 2 inches to 4 inches in a matter of about 4-5 months the rest of the other ones i got didn't grow too fast except for 2 females in another group they grew faster than their siblings and one female is becoming more dominant as she gets bigger..
As of right now there about wee bit over 5 inches. Only have had them about 6 months. One is bigger than the other. I believe it's the dominance between the two.

Plum7

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
Canada
As of right now there about wee bit over 5 inches. Only have had them about 6 months. One is bigger than the other. I believe it's the dominance between the two.
Ah ok so you got them around that size or slighly smaller, Do you know the sex of your 2 dolphins? Females usually grow smaller and slower of course and i found when sexing them males have very long anal fins that past the tail fin and females anal fins usually do not pass the tail fin and are usually more rounded.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store