Blue silk, male or female?

Sac39051

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2012
Sacramento, Ca
Just picked this little guy up for a 90 gallon...Im brand new to flowerhorns and based on fin shape an start of hump I assumed it was a male. Now I see that females can have these same traits and I will be bummed out if it's not a male. Can anyone tell? please tell me this is a male!

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Thai silks are hard to check for male and female visually. You have to vent them. I have 3 thai silks just like that. Even after venting I can't tell. The guy who sold me it has like 20-30 of them same size and they all look the same. Unfortunately my thai silk have very poor kok genes.

Also its not smaller than his finger. Thats a reflection from the front glass lol

Reactions: #.$

Sac39051

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2012
Sacramento, Ca
thx for the replies, at what size will koi growth start to kick in, if it has that potential? Also, do silks generally get as large as other FH varieties...looking for glass banger here.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Jeez Shaik you've got a lot of fish. How many do you have over 3"?
A lot lol haha I actually cut down on my stock but 8-9 inch Flowerhorn fader, a 7-8 inch fader, male ZZ 5 inches, female bonsai 3 inches, super red Texas hitting about 10 inches, three silk FH about 4-6 inches, two Texas about 3-4 inches, lost my 10 inch Texas recently and also lost my 11 inch male King Kamfa recently same month( Texas died of duck lips and male King Kamfa died from his gf), 5 inch female ZZ, and a bunch more lol that's just one tank my 200 gallon all live peacefully minus the breeding couple which one died but that's not uncommon when breeding big fish.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Jeez Shaik you've got a lot of fish. How many do you have over 3"?
Forgot about my midevil as well lol sold my f1 16 inch and 8 inch f1 red devil about 6 months back.

I have too many females I want. I don't want to breed anymore lol
Then I have about 30 other fish lmao vieja, midevils, and more Flowerhorn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store