Blueline trigger

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
yeah, but, who the hell would ever keep a queen or titan to adulthood?
if you NEED to get a trigger, get a niger.
Someone who, if prompted to buy a dog, would try to pick between a doberman, a rottweiler, or a pitbull.

Honestly even I would consider a species only tank if it wasn't for my finding most triggers to be ugly.

Paul Smith

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2017
Hello. I am new to the forum but have been keeping triggers a while. I currently have a 300 gallon Deep Dimension that I hav 6 triggers in along with 3 big angels, 3 tangs a large lion fish, dogface puffer and a pair of groupers. The Blueline is over 3 years old and the only issues with him ever is he thinks every clam that goesin the tank is his. I spread them the lenght of the tank and he chases everyine away from the clams one by on back and forth in the tank. Everyone still gets clams and the blueline has never hurt any of the other fish in the tank. The triggers will occsaionaly chase each other but no serious isses. Current I have a bluelined, clown, picasso, niger. lei and undulate

ukshaun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2008
UK
Hi, i visit this forum from time to time, if only to see some of the amazing set-ups. At the moment i don't keep fish, although 15+ years ago i did maintain a marine set-up.

I have never seen a blue-line trigger in person. Having Googled what they look like, they look a lot like the Undulated trigger, a fish i read about in books, a fish that was always described as 100% antisocial, should be kept alone, can be destructive towards tank equipment. It appeared to be a completely pointless fish to want to own.

Our local aquatic shop had an Undulated trigger for sale. He was quite large at about 5 to 6 inches. In the years i would visit the shop to buy food, salt etc, the Undulated trigger never sold (i moved area eventually).

The one trigger i did own, was the Picasso. I kept him with a Powder blue. Both were tiny when purchased. Picasso 1inch, Powder Blue 1.5inches. The pair got on very well, no fighting. Both grew and grew, and could be hand fed. I can totally recommend Picasso trigger's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store