Bogwood

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Hi all, I have 4/5 pieces of bogwood in my back garden had it for years but not been in a tank for about 6 years. For about a year or so it was in my sons ferret hutch been used as a climbing frame and the other 5 it has spent as a flower bed divider.

Would it still be safe to use in my fish tank it will be washed down obviously but I'm a little worried it could of soaked up something that could make it unusable.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I would use it without hesitation, but I don't use any type of pesticides or herbicides on my land. If you spray any such products on or around your garden I would probably not use that wood.

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
I would use it without hesitation, but I don't use any type of pesticides or herbicides on my land. If you spray any such products on or around your garden I would probably not use that wood.
Oh that's great news we don't use any such products in our garden I wouldn't risk it with kids and dogs. Thank you very much for the reply I've been worried about using it for ages.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
A long while ago in my previous fishkeeping life, any "suspect" lumps of bogwood, and if they were small enough, would get boiled up in my yard on a fire. I had a steel drum cut in half and it made a great cauldron for such brews. The bogwood was fine to use afterwards.

It was a great excuse to have a few of the lads round for a few beers. And in good old camp fire style, as the beer flowed, we'd occasionally break out into song. We had some great nights in the name of bogwood, lol.

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
A long while ago in my previous fishkeeping life, any "suspect" lumps of bogwood, and if they were small enough, would get boiled up in my yard on a fire. I had a steel drum cut in half and it made a great cauldron for such brews. The bogwood was fine to use afterwards.

It was a great excuse to have a few of the lads round for a few beers. And in good old camp fire style, as the beer flowed, we'd occasionally break out into song. We had some great nights in the name of bogwood, lol.
This sounds like a good excuse to get pissed thank you for the suggestion ?.

Reactions: esoxlucius
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store