Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Breathing distress

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by Savethemall, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Savethemall

Savethemall MFK Members

aaa
      Thursday at 5:03 AM
      Hi, yesterday one of the goldfish has started to show signs of breathing distress,hanging on the top of the tank breathing very fast with his mouth open. i also saw him scratching on the glass a few times,he also dosent eat.its the same goldfish that was lethargic a few days ago.Assuming its gill flukes I treated with Gyrodol by JBL {praziquantel} yesterday and there isnt any imrovment for now.How much time do you think it supposed to take till imrovmrnt shows? Do you think i should try other meds ot treatments{like salt}? Do ou think it might be something else besides gill flukes?. Im alo thinking wether or not i should quarntine him,the cons mostly are the stress factor for him,when he has such and hard time breathing i think even a little stress can be very bad.
      another thing is ther treatment routine of the Gyrodol,The med saying to treat the tank once{dosgae is 10ml which is 15mg of prazi for 50 L} then wait 48 hours then water change 50% and the reapeat after 7 days,i know there are other protocols and dosages with prazi, do you reccomend something else? Thank you
      450L 20 small to medium size goldfish, water p:0,0,20.

2. Exp

Exp MFK Members

Ibrahim
      Oct 6, 2018
      Change the water keep the ph level balanced

3. Savethemall

Savethemall MFK Members

aaa
      do ou thnk its flukes or something else? if there hasnt been any improvment after 48 hours of the prazi should i try treat with a diffrent med? maybe antibiotic?

4. Exp

Exp MFK Members

Ibrahim
      Oct 6, 2018
      yeah you should try everything you could cause its your precious fish actually nobody cares and they will comment so sorry so sad and all do all you can bro so can be tention free that you did everything to save it if it dies

5. Savethemall

Savethemall MFK Members

aaa
      ok.. of course i want to save the fish, but i want to do it right, over treating with medicines can cause demag to do fish.. i want to hear advices about the symptoms that i wrote and wether or not its souns like flukes, and how long should it take to see improvment

6. Exp

Exp MFK Members

Ibrahim
      Oct 6, 2018
      H
      Hmm as you mentioned you tried it didn't ya? So wait and see

7. ''][''

'']['' MFK Members

"]["
      Friday at 7:46 PM
      Ammonia spike, lack of oxygen, orionn your case seasonal fall temp fluxutuion = ich/parasites

8. ''][''

'']['' MFK Members

"]["
      Friday at 7:46 PM
      fluctuation **

9. Savethemall

Savethemall MFK Members

aaa
      The tank is well aritated,ammonia is 0 and this is only 1 fish showing symptoms..can you pleasepay attention to my question: does the respond time for the gill flukes treatment can be a few day? or when treating gill flukes its supposed to be 1 day and no more? beacuase its been 3 days since treatment and there isnt any imrovment

10. Savethemall

Savethemall MFK Members

aaa
      after researching some more i saw that alot of diffrent parasite can cause the ame symptoms as flukes..costia,trichondina and chilodonella.. Should i start treating for those parasites? What treatment would you reccomend? also i read that salt can help with them but didnt found a dosage.