Breeding big spot BD hybrid pups

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Just born a week or so ago, these pups came from a somewhat recently established pair. Father is Big Spot BD, mother is unique hybrid. Notice that all 4 of these pups look completely different! Hybrid genetics at play. Often they look like mother or father, and sometimes you get something completely new.

This pair has produced a few stunners before. The older sibling of the bunch is here we call him Gangster, he will be kept for future breeding efforts:

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/bright-young-one-your-future-is.684490/

I see potential in this bunch as the siblings from older generations really blossomed and matured nicely. They have a fairly strong, larger sized "islanding" gene (not really the micro TI, haven't seen that yet). You can see it expressed already here in one pup in particular. Will post periodic updates to watch the group grow and mature. It's unpredictable how they will turn out, that's the part I enjoy most. Will have better photos soon.

Cheers hope you enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 5.01.40 PM.png

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Reactions: JK47

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Congratulations Dieselhybrid Dieselhybrid .... Stunning babies

Love the one next to the air stone but they all stunning in their own way.
It is quite amazing that all 4 look completely different from each other... the genes there really did funny things..
Will be interesting how they all develop

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Congrats! That one next to the air stone is my favorite:)
They are all nice. Indeed very different all of them. The one mentioned above is superb. Has good symmetry. Keep that one. Is it girl or boy?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Congratulations Dieselhybrid Dieselhybrid .... Stunning babies

Love the one next to the air stone but they all stunning in their own way.
It is quite amazing that all 4 look completely different from each other... the genes there really did funny things..
Will be interesting how they all develop
Thank you Maria! I like that one too, she's very active and eats everything.

Wow!! Congrats Dieselhybrid Dieselhybrid !! Wish we could keep em all :)
Thanks V! I've never seen one that I didn't love :) I heard a rumor that you and I might be getting some more tanks some day, so we can try our best!

They are all nice. Indeed very different all of them. The one mentioned above is superb. Has good symmetry. Keep that one. Is it girl or boy?
Ade Ade thank you very much! It's a fun bunch, that one has some potential. It's a girl :) The brighter one to the right is also female. Hope everything is great on that side of the pond!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store