Breeding project with my big flowerhorn, thoughts?

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Hello, I've had my big short body flowerhorn now for about 2 years alone in a 75 gallon which hes been pretty happy in id like to think lol recently I started considering breeding him to pass on his genetics ( I think his Kok is quite impressive) and as for options I wanna try breeding him to a female blood parrot ( I would say flowerhorn female but I dint want him getting hurt ) anyways I had a 4 inch female that lays eggs like clockwork in another tank , so I decided to add her to his tank a few days ago and things have been pretty calm, hes about 11inches and about 6 to 7 inches tall I hope it works out well lol any opinions on if the fry could be viable if they decide to spawn?

20190410_135935.jpg

Reactions: illbethejudge

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Nice. any updates on how it went?
so in the end i dont think my male is fertile, since i posted this theyve tried to spawn like 6 times and every time the eggs turned white even with the male and female taking care of them, this is the second parrot female i try him with and same unfertilized eggs, i dont think my boy can produce fry

illbethejudge

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
Miami, FL
so in the end i dont think my male is fertile, since i posted this theyve tried to spawn like 6 times and every time the eggs turned white even with the male and female taking care of them, this is the second parrot female i try him with and same unfertilized eggs, i dont think my boy can produce fry
How old is the FH?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store