Breeding Red Worms for live food

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
OMG YOU ARE BRILLIANT SIR>
A more narrow and tall box , kinda like a ant farm hugh.
But redworms like alot of surface area. Do you have a picture example!
No, you've misunderstood me, i was having a bit of a joke with you. I wasn't referring to a giant wormery! What I was getting at was that if you build it way way bigger and put a viewing panel in it you will have yourself a giant plywood aquarium!!.......for fish, not ants or worms, haha.

You're pretty new round here, you'll soon find out what a plywood aquarium is.

OlgaMolga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2019
No, you've misunderstood me, i was having a bit of a joke with you. I wasn't referring to a giant wormery! What I was getting at was that if you build it way way bigger and put a viewing panel in it you will have yourself a giant plywood aquarium!!.......for fish, not ants or worms, haha.

You're pretty new round here, you'll soon find out what a plywood aquarium is.
Haha i'm red in the face now....

OlgaMolga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2019

The Poor worm was trying to escape it's death. Oh nooo.
But Gotta Feed my lil Monster ;D

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I've not kept worms but don't forget to add bottom drainage holes to the bin to allow excess water to drain.

There are quite a few websites dedicated to raising your own worms and most give good info as well as tutorials.

Still it's great to see your build on this forum!! ?

jcarson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
www.instagram.com
If you want to breed them get a bin, make sure it gets air circulation or it can stink. Don’t pile the substrate too high or it will compact the worm supply. Put it in a cooler/ darker spot( I have mine in the laundry room in the basement)

avoid feeding them meat and citrus fruits.they don’t eat meat and citrus acids are harmful to the worms. But make sure you crush some egg shells and throw in some coffee grounds, this gives them gutload so they can digest better.

if you want to kickstart the breeding process, throw a bunch of your table scraps including the coffee grounds and eggshells into a blender with a bit of water to make a worm smoothie.pour it over the substrate and leave them be for a week. When you try to dig them up, they will be bunched up all over the place laying eggs everywhere.
I would love to see the set up!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store