breeding worms worth it?

oogie

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2006
on an icecube.....
i was wondering if anyone breeds worms and if its worth it or not? i have two fire eels that eat more worms than i can dig up(plus in winter theres a foot of snown and no stores sell worms)but the ones at the bait store are two big(and i tried cutting them up ect)so i was thinking of digging some up and put them in large container of dirt and let them go at it but iam not sure how fast worms reproduce? or what would be good to feed them(i heard corn meal?)any advice would be vary helpfull thanks

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
earthworms eat pretty much anything that is broken down by the soil first. get some good mulch from a garden shop and add a little bit of veggable left overs. however the pot of soil veggies and worms will start to stink inside your house. your garrage has temp control? Oh and dont make the soil too moist, the worms will get some sort of rot / fungi that will grow on them and look nasty.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
i don't have the patience or time but if you do then i heard it's pretty easy.

i read just get a 10g tank, throw some dirt in and some dried leaves (or vegetables/fruits for your fridge) and just spray the soil once in a while.... they do have to be kept at a certain temperature, so you better read up on it.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I am pro breeding wurms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store