Broken pectoral fin..

yng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2022
Arowana has recently gotten some infection.. not sure what that was.. some white bubbly ulcer like grew on it's fin and some parts look like flesh(red color).. and it's fin is now broken and dangling there.. a friend told me to do a 90% wc then add salt and keep the water level low and raise the temperature to around 30 degree celcius and do wc daily.. have done it for 4 days straight now.. the ulcer like thing is now gone.. the wound has also started to heal.. but what should i do with the broken pectoral fin ? will it grow back ?

yng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2022

A link to my aro when I first found out it was ill..

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I am sorry to tell you this, but you have not been treating your Asian arowana properly. In addition to the infected pectoral fin, your fish also has chipped scales.

Both of these problems are due to poor water quality.

It looks to me like your fish also has the beginning of raised scales. This can be a sign of dropsy or another form of internal infection.

If you do not improve your filtration and/or your water changes, your fish will continue to deteriorate. This does not mean just a temporary fix. You need to change the way you are caring for your fish long term. Depending on how damaged the pectoral fin is, the damage will likely be permanent.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store