Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Bubble Danger?

Discussion in 'Setup and Filtration' started by PufferCorps, Feb 13, 2018.

1. PufferCorps

PufferCorps MFK Members

peggy thomas
      Feb 13, 2018
      I heard somewhere that bubbles that appear after water changes can give fish the bends.
      If so, how can i prevent this without having to age 691 buckets of water?

2. esoxlucius

esoxlucius MFK Members

Lloyd Crabtree
      Yesterday at 4:15 PM
      Who the hell have you heard that off, it's a new one on me. The closest you'll ever see to a fish suffering from anything like compared to the bends is when fishermen drag deep sea cod for example up from the depths too quickly. Their swim bladders become huge due to decreased pressure at sea level and can be seen hanging out of their mouths. Also at very high altitude you can suffer from the bends. In a fish tank?....about 2ft deep?....at sea level (give or take)? i'd say your fish are pretty safe.

PufferCorps likes this.
    3. squint

squint MFK Members

Yesterday at 11:18 PM
      You don't have to age the water, just don't heat cool water in the tank with fish. I heat my water in a 55 gal barrel.

PufferCorps likes this.
    4. OnceLoyal

OnceLoyal MFK Members

Yesterday at 11:48 AM
      Bubbles that appear after wc? Like bubbles that form at the surface? What kind of Bubbles?
      No the fish can't get bends from that

5. squint

squint MFK Members

Yesterday at 11:18 PM
    6. OnceLoyal

OnceLoyal MFK Members

Yesterday at 11:48 AM
      Again with regular water changes your fine. That is assuming your not throwing in hot or much colder water than present. If your talking like foaming bubbles or something then that's a whole different issue.

7. pacu mom

pacu mom MFK Members

Yesterday at 10:09 PM
      If there are a lot of proteins in the water, the water near the top of the tank will bubble and foam up when water is added back to the tank. I had this issue two weeks ago, when my tank was half empty and one of my fish repeatedly slammed into tank lids, injuring himself. He bled profusely. By the time I got the tank refilled, there was a layer of brown foam on top of the water. Had to immediately do another water change :(