budgetts vs african clawed vs horned frogvs african bullfrog vs cane toad

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
pyxie.jpg I currently have an 8 year old female African Bullfrog. When I got her she was the size of a 50 cent piece. Now she's about the size of a large grapefruit. I really had wished she was a male since they get more than double that size but she's still interesting none the less.

Last edited:

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I have kept african clawed frogs. They are small, gentle, and somewhat delicate things. Good for a small community tank. I wouldn't've even thought of rating their bite strength lol.

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
Yeah, if I kept an amphibian, it'd be a african clawed frog. Things are tough as nails, compared to ultra-sensitive dart and tree frogs. African bullfrogs, cane toads, budgets, and horned frogs are all pretty cool, too. If I kept one of those, I'd go with the African bullfrog (horned frogs are pretty, but don't get as big, and cane toads are really ugly).

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Our old clawed frog used to sing at night, it was pretty cool.

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
Our old clawed frog used to sing at night, it was pretty cool.
My friend's frog does the same thing, particular after a water change. He got the thing when he was 5, and I think he's 20 now, and it's still going strong. He keeps it in a dirty 2.5 gallon, no aeration or anything, proving how tough they are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store