Bullseye my rtc tsn hybrid

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It will quickly outgrow and be able to swallow his tank mates, including that Auchenoglanis biscutatus we have been discussing.

IDK your level of experience, so don't be offended if I/we state the obvious. If a tank mate even remotely fits in a predatory or omnivorous / opportunistic catfish mouth, such as the TSN-RTC hybrid, it will end up there sooner or later - the rule of thumb of catfish keepers.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
It will quickly outgrow and be able to swallow his tank mates, including that Auchenoglanis biscutatus we have been discussing.

IDK your level of experience, so don't be offended if I/we state the obvious. If a tank mate even remotely fits in a predatory or omnivorous / opportunistic catfish mouth, such as the TSN-RTC hybrid, it will end up there sooner or later - the rule of thumb of catfish keepers.
I’m aware thank you I’m very experienced with predatory catfish and fish in general I’m moving upgrading my catfish and arowana to a 150 gallon tank very soon I’ll post pictures when it happens but I have a hybrid redtail tsn and a rtc I’ve had them both since they were hardly an inch and now both near 4-5 inches thank you for checking if I have proper knowledge about the fish

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hi Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn ,
That's a beautiful TSN/RTC. I love the patterns on him. They get enormous as well. What size tank do you have him in? They are known to swallow smaller tankmates pretty easy. Are there any other tankmates with the cat? Please share with us.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hi Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn ,
That's a beautiful TSN/RTC. I love the patterns on him. They get enormous as well. What size tank do you have him in? They are known to swallow smaller tankmates pretty easy. Are there any other tankmates with the cat? Please share with us.
Thank you I love the patters too and he’s in a 40 gallon tank with a silver arowana 8-9”, RTC 4.5”, eel catfish 6-7”, 2 JD cichlids both 1.5-2”, salvini cichlid 2.5”, convict cichlid about 1.5”, giraffe cichlid 2”, flagtail P. 3”, giraffe catfish 3.5”, sun catfish 2”, upside down catfish which I’ve had for a long time he’s only about 1” but doing extremely good in the tank and no one picks on him then I have a cichlid that I don’t know what it is it was labeled as flowerhorn at like .5” but it’s obviously not a flowerhorn but he’s about 2.5 inches and I’m moving the giraffe cichlid and convict to a different tank due to aggression then moving RTC, RTC/TSN and arowana to a 150 gallon tank soon

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Thank you I love the patters too and he’s in a 40 gallon tank with a silver arowana 8-9”, RTC 4.5”, eel catfish 6-7”, 2 JD cichlids both 1.5-2”, salvini cichlid 2.5”, convict cichlid about 1.5”, giraffe cichlid 2”, flagtail P. 3”, giraffe catfish 3.5”, sun catfish 2”, upside down catfish which I’ve had for a long time he’s only about 1” but doing extremely good in the tank and no one picks on him then I have a cichlid that I don’t know what it is it was labeled as flowerhorn at like .5” but it’s obviously not a flowerhorn but he’s about 2.5 inches and I’m moving the giraffe cichlid and convict to a different tank due to aggression then moving RTC, RTC/TSN and arowana to a 150 gallon tank soon
Hi Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn ,
dont mind the 2 pop cans behind the tank lol
image.jpg

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hi RTC,
Nice tank. I know you are upgrading to a 150, but that RTC and Arowana will out grow that 150g before you know it. Is that their forever home? Both species get very large indeed. They both need lots of space to live healthy lives. The RTC can gulp down some pretty good sized fish. I'm not hating on you, I'm just giving you a heads up. GL

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hi RTC,
Nice tank. I know you are upgrading to a 150, but that RTC and Arowana will out grow that 150g before you know it. Both species get very large indeed. They both need lots of space to live healthy lives. The RTC can gulp down some pretty good sized fish. I'm not hating on you, I'm just giving you a heads up. GL
I know thank you and trust me the 150g won’t last long but it’ll last long enough to get a pond set up or buy some type of big pool there’s one that I’ve been looking at it’s round and about 3 feet tall but I don’t know how much it’ll hold but the 150 will last long enough for a new pond and obviously have a mesh cover so the arowana don’t jump out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store