buttekoferi hates being photographed

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
any butto owners able to take pix of theirs? mine goes absolutly nuts when he sees the red stabilizer light that my digital puts out before a picture. was wondering if its just him or are there other cases. none of my other fish respond this way.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
What's your temp? You could try lowering the temp as it sometimes 'cools' off the personality of the fish. My Buttikoferi has calmed down towards humans alot over the last 4-5 years, and enjoys hands in the tank, because then he knows he gets fed. He was actually trained to be pet on his forhead, and now he lays on his side like a dolphin to be scratched. He knows that any time he gets touched, he gets pellets.

or put a peice of tape over the red light..

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Miles said:
What's your temp? You could try lowering the temp as it sometimes 'cools' off the personality of the fish. My Buttikoferi has calmed down towards humans alot over the last 4-5 years, and enjoys hands in the tank, because then he knows he gets fed. He was actually trained to be pet on his forhead, and now he lays on his side like a dolphin to be scratched. He knows that any time he gets touched, he gets pellets.

or put a peice of tape over the red light..
temp is about 78. hes normally fairly timid. i think that red light triggers his mean streak. lol. i tried taping the red light but the camera takes crappy pix without it. hehe. there is a way to disable the light and still take good pix but i cant figure out how to do it.

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Is it true that they come from the same lake as the frontosa?
do they mix well? :newbie:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store