butti

tothna

Candiru
MFK Member
May 18, 2005
Ohio
I don't know if I'm posting in the right section, but I just got this Butti and he hasn't eaten since I got him a week and a half ago. Do they only eat live food or whats the deal? He is in a tank by himself so it's not like he has reason to be stressed other than a new home, but it's been a week and a half. any comments?

danny boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2005
gatwick
ive never ever heard of a fish that starved itself to death. i assure you this fish will eat around the 3 week mark at the latest. its almost a way of sulking for being moved to another tank. seen it plenty of times in my own tanks. dont put any food in the tank for the next 3 days and then try again., but dont be fooled in to feeding him favorites like bloodworm etc etc, stick with pellets. or you may end up with a spoilt kid on your hands that will only eat burgers.

when you say a butti are you refering to a tilapia buttikoferi? man thats one aggressive mofo.. im sure i dont need to tell you this but dont add any other fish unless you like to loose money hand over fist

tothna

Candiru
MFK Member
May 18, 2005
Ohio
Yeah, I got him not knowing what he is. I kind of bought him on a whim and I'm somewhat new to this so I though he was a convict because I didn't really look at him before I bought him (stupid I know). I put him in my tank with my convict and other fish and he beat the hell out of the convict. There were about 5 fish in that tank but all you could see was the butti because whenever anyone else came out he would own them. I had to do some major fish/tank swapping to get him in his own tank.

rickson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
ashdod-israel
photos.walla.co.il
his a real bad ass.
the only thing he liks more then fighting with other fish is eating so give him little more time.
and in my tank he eats everything and i mean everything from vegi's to meat even feeders when he can catch them he dont know how to stop eating or fighting :swear:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store