Can an oscar live with an arowana

Predatoryfishlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hey there, Im currently growing out 3 oscars for my predator pond. One of the oscars(the smallest, 3 inches compared to the largest which is 4 inches) is getting beat up pretty bad by the larger ones. He is instigating these fights but taking the brunt of it. Its gotten to the point where he just hides till i come over. I have a 40 breeder where im currently growing out a silver arowana(5 inches) and two saddled bichirs(4 inches). I could put him in there but idk if he would attack the arowana. Im not to worried about the bichirs(theyre tough) but the arowanas fins may be subject to nipping. Whats your experience when it comes to keeping arowanas and oscars together?

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I once had an aro and an oscar. It worked out ok but the aro jumped out. Top had some gaps. Otherwise the oscar didn't do anything to the aro. Aro probably got startled. Oscar was about 10+" and so was the aro. The oscar was pretty mellow.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I once had an aro and an oscar. It worked out ok but the aro jumped out. Top had some gaps. Otherwise the oscar didn't do anything to the aro. Aro probably got startled. Oscar was about 10+" and so was the aro. The oscar was pretty mellow.
The tank was about 110 gal. About 6 feet long.

Reactions: Predatoryfishlover

Predatoryfishlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2019
My lid is tight-fitting and all gaps are covered so that shouldnt be a problem

Reactions: lp85253

Predatoryfishlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2019
hes still hiding a bit but hes eating. The other two oscars are not fighting at all and really enjoy each others company, constantly rubbing against one another and swimming alongside each other

Reactions: Caveden and Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store