Can anybody please read the number or letter on my flowerhorn?

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Chrisplosion;4728066; said:
Chinese don't breed flowerhorn do they?
You'd be surprise to know that Chinese created flowerhorns, not Thai or Vietnamese. Coming out from the Malaysian area, I believe they speak Cantonese and Mandarin over there as I have a few buddies who lives in Singapore, Malaysia and Kulawi, Indonesia that supplies my bettas and if payed the expense, I can obtain master piece fish without issue.
Anyways, I took your picture and sent it to one of the farm owner in Singapore and got a reply back saying that the fish obtains nothing. One main reason is because the legendary flowerhorn strain that contains Chinese calligraphy writing, most of them are extinct. Although some may carry the gene still, but it is a very rare thing to find(even when the legendary flowerhorn is still strong and alive - it is rare still to obtain such characters). Even breeders overseas themselves have a hard time trying to obtain them.
So does this mean that do they exist? Definitely yes, they do exist. Has it been reported w/ legitimate proof? Nothing I know of for now. You may not believe the superstitious state of mind, but I've had a lot of fish died on me for being greedy - and fish acting different when shifted into different area in the house hold. Even had one that would starve itself to death(one of them died on me when I did the starvation force feed process) when I move it by the window. Switch it back to its original placing, fully active and eating normally again...hmm? :D

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
only some fish can have that black line look nearly like the Chinese words, but most is not ! And sorry, your fish doesn't have any dot look like a Chinese word !

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
I put the blotches in Google Translate, the left one translates to "one born every minute" and the right one says "tank could use some gravel".

Newfishy

Feeder Fish
May 21, 2019
I know this post is really old but I was searching the markings of flowerhorn and came across this forum because of this video - if you look up youtuber Foo the Flowerhorn and their video called “petting my flowerhorn - a little dangerous” their flowerhorn’s markings look really close to chinese markings. I was so confused and began googling how it’s possible and if the fish are tortured but then realised it’s just black markings that they grow. But this fish in particular in the video their marking really does look like Chinese calligraphy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store