Can anyone identify my Cichlid please?

Brucebanna12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2022
I have been trying to identify this cichlid. (Pink/purple/ yellow) Roughly 6 inches. The guy I got him/her from said it's a "Pseudotropheus Hajomaylandi Chizumulu"

I googled it and very little has come up. I saw a video that looked like a smaller (juvenile) but I am still unsure. Please let me know if you can identify. Thank you!
20220705_210920.jpg

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Whatever that is, it's not M. hajomaylandi.
M. hajomaylandi comes in two forms. The Chizumulu variety is yellow with more or less blue on the body and fins. The face is always yellow. There is no black in the ventral fins.
The Chiwi Rocks variety is mostly blue striped including the dorsal fin with a yellow throat and never made it to an aquarium as far as I know.

Yellow body with blue face is quite rare with Mbuna. Thought there are some but none matches with the shown fish.
My guess it's a hybrid.

Brucebanna12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2022
Whatever that is, it's not M. hajomaylandi.
M. hajomaylandi comes in two forms. The Chizumulu variety is yellow with more or less blue on the body and fins. The face is always yellow. There is no black in the ventral fins.
The Chiwi Rocks variety is mostly blue striped including the dorsal fin with a yellow throat and never made it to an aquarium as far as I know.

Yellow body with blue face is quite rare with Mbuna. Thought there are some but none matches with the shown fish.
My guess it's a hybrid.

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store