Can copper kill blue crayfish?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
here is video on the strange act.
Deadeye Deadeye
I don’t see much off other than glass surfing which is usually aggression or in this case more likely stress. kno4te kno4te would a bit of salt help in this case?

Reactions: professorjimjam

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Check the water quality. I’d leave the salt out. Leave the puffers alone for now.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Hard to tell from vid but they looking like they’re panting. Do a small waterchange, add some aeration, and increase surface movement for not

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hard to tell from vid but they looking like they’re panting. Do a small waterchange, add some aeration, and increase surface movement for not
We found out in another post that he had most likely overdosed water conditioner and fixed the issue by a water change and half the proper dosing

Reactions: professorjimjam

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
fishguy1978 fishguy1978
Thanks. I do not even know if my fishes are sick, but they are acting a bit weird, so I thought if copper will not kill the invertebrates then I will use otherwise No. now that I know, I will not use copper.
If you don't know they are sick, and /or what they are sick with.... how can you choose a medication?
Different medications work for different diseases.
If you see Ick spots, 3ppt salt, or copper base, or Malachite.
If lernea, Dimulin or other chitin inhibitor may work.
If the disease is bacterial, an antibiotic.
And even then you might want to know if its a gram + or gram - bacteria, to help pinpoint what antibiotic to use.
If fungal, an anti fungal. Worms a dewormer.
Just randomly treating can often do more harm than good.
I don't see anything in the video I'd treat for.
and check out this link
Mechanism of acute copper toxicity in euryhaline crustaceanshttps://www.sciencedirect.com › science › article › pii

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store