Can i feed my baby piraiba with live small shrimps?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Mine goes absolutely mad for rainbow trout and im looking after someone elses who has also fell in love with rainbow trout. Mine eats sprats trout prawns mussels sardines
Interesting. Thanks, bro. I've never tried any salmonids with my fish. Do you get them for cheap, like around $1-$2 per pound? We can barely afford to treat ourselves to such delicatessen...

It looks like I am confused. Is the someone else's piraiba Rpul's? So you got your own too?

Reactions: tlindsey

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Interesting. Thanks, bro. I've never tried any salmonids with my fish. Do you get them for cheap, like around $1-$2 per pound? We can barely afford to treat ourselves to such delicatessen...

It looks like I am confused. Is the someone else's piraiba Rpul's? So you got your own too?
I brought the suriname off him last april time.and just looking after his peru piraiba while he moves. I pay 50p per 6-8 inch trout so not a cheap food but i find them very good for growth and if my fish like something i do it regardless of cost.trout and sprats (which are much cheaper at £3 for a kg) are my staple feed then on occasion worms prawns mussels sardines and im just looking at making my own boilies.soon as the trout is in the water they go straight for it and ignore everything else

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I brought the suriname off him last april time.and just looking after his peru piraiba while he moves. I pay 50p per 6-8 inch trout so not a cheap food but i find them very good for growth and if my fish like something i do it regardless of cost.trout and sprats (which are much cheaper at £3 for a kg) are my staple feed then on occasion worms prawns mussels sardines and im just looking at making my own boilies.soon as the trout is in the water they go straight for it and ignore everything else
A-ah, I see, both from Josh. Thanks. Neither am I too worried about the fattiness of the cold (or warm) water feed fish.

Perhaps you could simply find a way not to include the trout in every feeding or feed it separately altogether.

Oh, and ... how I wish I was your fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store