Can I Mix 1 Silver Aro with a Golden Xback Asian Aro?

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Hi recently I got a pretty Silver Aro which is about 6" long. Then while at the LFS I saw a beautiful Golden Xback Asian Aro about 7" long.

My current grow-out tank is a 4x2x2 ft and I was thinking if I should mix the two. Has anyone tried this? Will it work?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Hi recently I got a pretty Silver Aro which is about 6" long. Then while at the LFS I saw a beautiful Golden Xback Asian Aro about 7" long.

My current grow-out tank is a 4x2x2 ft and I was thinking if I should mix the two. Has anyone tried this? Will it work?
I dont think it will work, most likely the asian aro will bully the silver amd worst case silver will die due to stress. Mixing aro is hard unless you so 3 or more to spread aggression but a chance that it might not work either.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I dont think it will work, most likely the asian aro will bully the silver amd worst case silver will die due to stress. Mixing aro is hard unless you so 3 or more to spread aggression but a chance that it might not work either.
+1 I would just go for one or the other but not both, sooner or later you'd have trouble/heartbreak. If you're now more keen on the Xback maybe your LFS will let you trade the silver back in and pay the difference.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK

Chances are it may work for a bit but the longer they are together the xback will beat the hell out of the silver
Unless the silver is nearly double the size of the xback

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store