can you feed raw saltwater fish meat to freshwater fish??

whodini

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2006
vancouver,B.C
when i buy myself salmon steak, tiger prawns, snapper i will cut off chunks of raw meat and feed and would freeze the rest of the pieces. i ofcourse would have my aswome dinner , till one night i thought all that fish meat is saltwater fish, and all my fish are freshwater. sooooo like the title Can you feed raw saltwater fish meat to freshwater fish??

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Of course. For a start prawns are probably the most common staple diet for predatory fish.

Everything I feed my fish is saltwater, including small frozen saltwater fish.

THink about it, fish food companies sell frozen saltwater fish as food for freshwater fish. Cockles, prawns, whitebait etc.

whodini

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2006
vancouver,B.C
aswome !!!! my pictus catfish love tiger pawn pieces, so i'm going to continue feeding, as i've been feeding for long time all this meat pieces, soo i'm happy all is good !!! Tank you!!!! hehe

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
Yup. My goldies love salad shrimp and the giant shrimp. They're not too fond of salmon though.

arlo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2006
Rowland Heights
shrimp isnt that cheap either. i get 6 of the cheapest shrimp for 75 cents at my supermarket. its alright now because my triggerfish is so small and it lasts me and while but when it grows up wouldn't it start getting expensive? where do all u guys with the monsterfish buy ur prawn, salmon, and other seafood?

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I buy huge packs of raw frozen prawns. Big prawns, a couple of inches long at least. And big packs of frozen cockles and whitebait. All from a supermarket.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store