Can't create copyright on a laptop??

birdpond

Feeder Fish
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
US Southeast
If anyone here has figured out how to create the copyright mark (c inside circle) on a PC LAPTOP (with no 10-key numeric keypad available) please share the how-to with me.

I have just had to get my Toshiba laptop reformatted, and as they say, when it rains it pours. Not only did I have to bite the bullet for that, but my ancient desktop PC ALSO blew up at the same time and all this the same week that I lost my job! (and it is unrecoverable without a complete reformat which I can't afford right now) so getting a desktop computer is simply out of the question right now.

At least I can job hunt now that I have internet access again, and I would like to spend my 'down time' during the employment search improving my photography and Photoshop skills.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!

evan

Feeder Fish
Jan 25, 2009
albany,ny
Option 1: Go into Microsoft Word(or a similar application) use the insert symbol function to insert it and then copy paste it into whatever you are doing. For that matter, you could just copy and paste one off the web.

Option 2: Most notebook computers have a numeric key pad that overlays the regular keyboard on the right side towards the middle. You could use that if you have one.

Option 3: Windows has an on-screen keyboard under accessories->ease of access. You could also use this if you are using windows.

EDIT: On a side note, what do you mean you can't afford a reformat? It is fairly straight forward to do yourself.

birdpond

Feeder Fish
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
US Southeast
:exclaim: :idea: Ah ha, thanks Evan, I didn't even think about copy and paste, lol. Tried it, it works!

Used Word, copied the symbol and pasted it into the Photoshop image -- easy!

Sometimes the solution is just too simple!

:redface:

As far as my old desktop PC, it can no longer find the boot device! So I can't get into anything but maybe BIOS and I am not that savvy (haha obviously) with computers to be able to rebuild it.

Due to its age it may not be worth fixing yet again. When I find work again I should invest in a new PC or Mac for my photo processing. Although if you have any ideas on how to get it to boot, at this point I have little to lose if I end up frying it!

THANK YOU!

ps Ann, thank you -- tried that, it just did nothing using my notebook. Maybe it's a glitch in my computer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store