Carp growing on pond stocking density

Jonathan Robinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2016
I've put my order in for a carp growing on pond and the internal size of the tank will be 16x8x4ft, for a volume of 13500 litres, or just over 3500 US gallons.

Given the continuous water change system that will be in place, strong water flow and oxygenation, what stocking density would you go with? The fish in question will be 2.5 year old carp weighing an average of 7-8lb. I had thought around 15, but was wondering whether 20 would be doable? Plan is to grow them for 2 years and sell them on at about 18-22lb. I could thin them out at the end of the 1st year.

15 or 20? Or something completely different?

Jonathan Robinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2016
I'm going to be operating a continuous water change system, so each day, 15% of the water volume will be changed, so working out at 105% a week. I don't believe that I need filtration as well, though happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm going to be operating a continuous water change system, so each day, 15% of the water volume will be changed, so working out at 105% a week. I don't believe that I need filtration as well, though happy to be corrected if I am wrong.
Should work then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store