Caudopunctatus "Red Fin"

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
Np, always happy to help. Can't wait to see how the tank is going to look. Never had any neolamps but always wanted to get a tank full of em, just not certain what kind I want tho.
Do you know of any fake plants that would look good in this tank? My other tanks have real plants so I’m not sure which ones will look realistic... also I added some rocks to the tank to add some more cover for the fish!

image.jpg

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Figure out how to stack the rocks in piles so they form some caves as the fish will enjoy them more.

You can use Anubias sp. 'nana' and Java fern or Microsorum pteropus as they can be tied or super glued to rocks or driftwood, just be sure the rhizomes are not buried in any substrate.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Do you know of any fake plants that would look good in this tank? My other tanks have real plants so I’m not sure which ones will look realistic... also I added some rocks to the tank to add some more cover for the fish!

View attachment 1405269
Imo I would go with something that either looks like an underwater bush or even hair grass. Honestly not too familiar with brands when it comes to fake plants, lol I usually just try to go with what looks good.

Reactions: MFM

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Congratulations!! How are you liking keeping this species?

hartebreak

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2020
Caudo Punks are a shell dwelling species. Throw in a bunch of escargot shells from Amazon. They will breed like rabbits

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
Caudo Punks are a shell dwelling species. Throw in a bunch of escargot shells from Amazon. They will breed like rabbits
They’re currently going off haha I’ve had 4 batches hatch already and have close to 60 fish in my 29 gallon...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store