CCA Presents AquaMania 2 - The Big Fish Deal (Feb 28-Mar 2, 2014; Gaithersburg, MD)

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Capital Cichlid Association is hosting a weekend event called AquaMania (The Big Fish Deal) on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday, Feb 28 - Mar 2, 2014 at the Hilton in Gaithersburg, MD.

Big thanks to Li and Monsterfishkeepers for again being our Platinum Sponsor and supplying a custom T-shirt for the event!

If you're into cichlids, catfish and other monster fish, this is an event that you shouldn't miss...

We've got Anton Lamboj flying in from Austria (!) to present on west African fish and CARES, Rusty Wessel on Central American cichlids, Pam Chin on collecting in Lake Tanganyika and Peacocks and Shane Linder (of Planetcatfish) presenting on Loracariid catfish.

Want to buy fish from Jeff Rapps (www.tangledupincichlids.com) and dozens of other vendors and hobbyists? AquaMania will feature a Sunday Marketplace (swap meet), a (Saturday night) rare fish auction, raffles and other activities.

Got fish, plants, supplies...whatever to sell or trade with other hobbyists? Get a sellers table and keep 100% of what you sell.

Check out www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania to learn more about our weekend of fish, fellowship and fun featuring:
- World Class Speakers
- Aquarium Beautiful Competition
- Marketplace (Swap Meet) featuring fish and supplies from leading vendors and hobbyists
- Rare Fish Auction, Raffles and Give-Aways
- Information, Resources and Prizes for kids, beginning hobbyists and the general public

Registration is only $35. Go to www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania for more details and to register today!

Matt

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The first one was a blast...and this one will be bigger!

We've got a special $99 hotel rate from the Hilton if you book a room here: http://capitalcichlids.org/aquamania/?page_id=21

Split a room with a buddy and you can take part in all of the activities (including free hospitality on Friday and Saturday nights for registered attendees) for less than $50!

Matt

Sounds good. Maybe I should take a ride down for this one

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Great speaker line up. I see it is the same weekend as the *** spring auction. It's a shame hobbyists will be unable to attend both events. Poor planning on someone's part.

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
Great speaker line up. I see it is the same weekend as the *** spring auction. It's a shame hobbyists will be unable to attend both events. Poor planning on someone's part.
I agree February and early March aren't spring at all. Spring is not until March 20th to be exact. They could move the spring auction to spring actually.....

Drew

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
There's something going on just about every weekend somewhere on the East Coast!

Come on down Friday and Saturday. You might miss the Marketplace (swap meet) on Sunday but you won't miss the speakers, the Rare Fish Auction on Saturday night or the other AquaMania festivities. Or come down and stay all weekend!

Matt

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
We've got some great fish lined up for the Rare Fish Auction on Saturday, evening, March 1.

The Rare Fish Auction is only for registered attendees and will feature probably 60 or so bags of only the rarest, most interesting fish available. I'll have to dig up the final list from last year, but there were fish I'd never seen before...and for surprisingly little. I guess people were saving their money for the giant Marketplace (swap meet) the next AM :)

Register today: www.capitalcichlids.org/aquamania

Matt

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I'll be there

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator