Channa andrao tankmates

Yannick-_-

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2020
Hi I wanted to know what kind of tankmates would be good for channa andrao (dwarf snakeheads) could I do ranchu goldfish since they are both cold water? Or does anybody have some suggestions?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi I wanted to know what kind of tankmates would be good for channa andrao (dwarf snakeheads) could I do ranchu goldfish since they are both cold water? Or does anybody have some suggestions?
headbanger_jib headbanger_jib

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Not a good mix, gold fish and a predatory channa

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Yeah that’s what I though, is there anything else I can mix?
If you have a large enough tank, may be a group of large growing dawkinsia barbs, even that would be a possible meal for the channa, but you could try

Sturgion

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve seen videos of them being kept with Barbs but i thought they’d likely eat anything that’d fit in their mouths.

Edsy

Feeder Fish
Feb 9, 2022
IMG_20220210_083043.jpgIMG_20220210_083359.jpg

I kept andrao for 2 years , I got them in 2-3 cm size , when they were 5 cm , I was looking for fish species from india , I have dwarf gourami and blue powder gourami , also lndian loach , and no problem till now my andrao has reached 9cm and 8cm

Reactions: neko1

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
these are all from same waters or can handle colder temperatures:

Botia dayi / rostrata
weather Loach
Badis
apistogramma
Dwerggourami”?
Betta coccina
Corydoras aeneus
trilineatus, aneus, trilliniatus, paleatus
Macropodus opercularis

Some in the list are to small and gone be food. i wouldnt try corys aswell since if he eats them he might be dead.
I tried botia's but they bullied the snakehead. So i wouldnt try that either. those botias are mean.. i didnt know that.

I got 2 Macropodus opercularis and 2 weather loaches.
You could try that but weather loaches might get to big for your tank.
i wouldnt try goldfish since your not gone be able to feed them with a snakehead or you might have an obese snakehead if you try to feed to goldfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store