Channa Brunnea

Mayank0491

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2020
India
Hi fellow hobbyists,

I recently setup up my 120litre tank and have one 5” Channa Brunnea in it. I wanted to know if I could add may be another one or two Brunneas to the tank.
Also, could you please guide me on what plants should I provide in the tank.

Best
Mayank

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Are u looking for a pair? I’d add only one and keep an eye out for any pairing. If paired up then other tankmates will be cleared out.

Reactions: Mayank0491

Mayank0491

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2020
India
Are u looking for a pair? I’d add only one and keep an eye out for any pairing. If paired up then other tankmates will be cleared out.
So you suggest I only add just one more Brunnea? I hear a lot of people saying you should always have them in odd numbers. I’m planning to introduce the new fish once my drift wood is cured and is ready to go in the tank. That way Can re arrange every thing in the tank and the brunnea that is already in there would also be a little lost and not attack the new one.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
So you suggest I only add just one more Brunnea? I hear a lot of people saying you should always have them in odd numbers. I’m planning to introduce the new fish once my drift wood is cured and is ready to go in the tank. That way Can re arrange every thing in the tank and the brunnea that is already in there would also be a little lost and not attack the new one.
Can always add a bunch. Once a pair develops then the others will be dwindled down. This is also limited by tank size. If there are 3 then you get a pair then you’ll eventually end up with 2.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Think ur tank size limits more than 2 but that’s just IMO.

Mayank0491

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2020
India
Understood. I will add one in that case. Will try and make available as much territory and hiding space possible. Could you also suggest some plants ?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Understood. I will add one in that case. Will try and make available as much territory and hiding space possible. Could you also suggest some plants ?
I’d suggest some anubias, bucephelandra and ferns.

Mayank0491

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2020
India
Hey man,

just thought of giving you an update. Dropped the idea of adding another brunnea to the tank. Have setup the tank with Rotalas and Cabomba, the fish seems really happy. Will post a picture soon. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

Mayank0491

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2020
India
Hey man,

just thought of giving you an update. Dropped the idea of adding another brunnea to the tank. Have setup the tank with Rotalas and Cabomba, the fish seems really happy. Will post a picture soon. Thank you for your help.
hey,

wanted to ask you if I could add one 2-3” Bristle Nose Pleco in my channa brunnea tank. I see planaria blooming in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store