Channa diplogramma ID?

Nov 1, 2012
Canada
I bought these as Channa diplogramma but I am not sure if they are so can anyone ID these? They were supposedly imported from India. They had more spots when smaller and they are about 5 to 6" now and eat like pigs if that helps any. I sure hope they are diplo's as I paid 4 times too much if they turn out to be micros.

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
how manny u got ?? and im not a expert but they look like micros to me .how big is the tank ? here is a pic of some diplogramma in a lfs they are more orange when smaller not like the micros being red hope this helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1352317995533.jpg

Nov 1, 2012
Canada
how manny u got ?? and im not a expert but they look like micros to me .how big is the tank ? here is a pic of some diplogramma in a lfs they are more orange when smaller not like the micros being red hope this helps

They came from a vendor in Winnipeg and all 5 are currently residing in the 230 gallon. These fish came from 2 batches that were supposedly imported from india within the last 9 months and I previously got an Id on them as being diplo's but the fish picuture I used before came from the vendor and I just posted it here for id and everybody said diplo so I decided to get some. A few months later I bought them and this is what I have but now the ID has come into question if they are diplo's or micros.

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
was it by chance spencer jacks??? cause that is where i got the pic that i posted if so that is what they were labled when i was there

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
if u dont mind me asking what did u pay for them?

diPLoGraMMa

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2011
ENGLAND PLC
Yes these are diplogramma , look after them this latest batch is the last that will be exported from India , as they have just done a species study and found they are extremely endangered in the wild and are due to be put on c.I.t.e.s. and no one has managed to commercial breed them as yet .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store