Channa sp fire and Ice

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
What breed is that? And can it go into a 55-gallon (I assume not, but I wanted to ask anyways lol)?

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
What breed is that? And can it go into a 55-gallon (I assume not, but I wanted to ask anyways lol)?
It's Channa sp. "Fire and Ice"; as the thread title indicates; sadly enough, all snakeheads are, essentially, banned in the United States (a bit more complicated than that, but I hadn't really bothered to remember the details). I don't think one would do too well in a 55G long term, but I'm likely wrong.
Closest thing to dwarf channa IMO are larger mouthbrooding bettas, such as macrostoma, antuta, unimaculata complex species, etc.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
It's Channa sp. "Fire and Ice"; as the thread title indicates; sadly enough, all snakeheads are, essentially, banned in the United States (a bit more complicated than that, but I hadn't really bothered to remember the details). I don't think one would do too well in a 55G long term, but I'm likely wrong.
Closest thing to dwarf channa IMO are larger mouthbrooding bettas, such as macrostoma, antuta, unimaculata complex species, etc.
Ah, thank you! Also, it is gorgeous! So much color! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store