Cheap Filter

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
redtailfool said:
Why dont u do the sterilite (or rubbermaid ) wet dry?
It wasn't possible because the only place I could use to place the sump is right behind my 20g. Which has about 10" of clearance space, so I can't fit anything bigger than a 2.5 gallon (I could've pulled it off with a 5.5 gallon but I threw mine out 3 months ago). With a merely 8" high sump, the concept of "wet-dry" wouldn't have been possible (especially not when the sump is behind, not under, the main tank).

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Phatboy said:
It wasn't possible because the only place I could use to place the sump is right behind my 20g. Which has about 10" of clearance space, so I can't fit anything bigger than a 2.5 gallon (I could've pulled it off with a 5.5 gallon but I threw mine out 3 months ago). With a merely 8" high sump, the concept of "wet-dry" wouldn't have been possible (especially not when the sump is behind, not under, the main tank).

Got it. throw in bags of ceramic rings into the sump if you need
extra bio filtration .

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
You have got to get some tube klamps dude, if your filter is somewhat longer standing your tubes get old and then there is the possibility that the get lose. Then you will have all the water on the floor.! Just warning, happend to me once!! :swear:

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
Loubard said:
You have got to get some tube klamps dude, if your filter is somewhat longer standing your tubes get old and then there is the possibility that the get lose. Then you will have all the water on the floor.! Just warning, happend to me once!! :swear:
Yes, I will make changes when I have time.

Again, I don't advise anyone to exactly duplicate my filter. :headshake

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
getto
waiting on that diagram

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005