Cheap food for tsn

fishinjeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Miami, FL
ok so my pond has raised a tsn and a marbled cat to about 18" and 12" on its own but ive added a few more cats and was wondering if there is any cheap meat my dad could throw in occasionally to keep um plump. i was thinking chicken gizzards but not sure how healthy that would be. i will be back up at college or i would just catch stuff out of the canals and throw fillets in. well thanks for any help.
Paul

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Liver would work better than gizzards I think or you could jeep the tank a little cleaner and just use nightcrawlers. They are almost all protien and most fish love them.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
livers and stuff will coloud the watter and make it nasty. buy a 5 gal bucket of pellets for trout . in bulk buy buy the bucket feed them

fishinjeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Miami, FL
I don't have to worry about clouding the water, its a guestimated 30,000 gallon pond with well water being pumped in at least 12 hrs a day. Im just concerned about the health of different foods. right now they have i guess been feeding on gambusia and convicts. We also have cave crayfish in s. florida but not sure if they are in my pond or not. im just concerned as they grow larger the convicts may not keep them full. my dad isnt going to buy market prawns to feed them so i was looking for something cheap like livers or gizards that could be thrown in once in a while. but thanks for the ideas so far.
Paul

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store