Check This Out Companies that don't want to sell to you

Tropical Joe

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
Queens NY
What you seem to be missing is that there are many other Tank manufacturers that will sell directly such as Glass Cages, and Custom Aquariums etc. Even ATM and Living Color will sell directly. Foe a company to be that independent is mind blowing. Its hard to believe they are selling so many tanks they can turn away customers. No reason to see someone like that at a trade show.The Economy has nothing to do with way trade shoes are not doing well. The trades shows haven't been doing well for quite some time. Not just the years when the economy was bad. They haven't been doing well because of what I mentioned. If there are no discounts or show specials there is no reason for the public to attend. The public gets tired of attending spending there money only to come home with a empty bag.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I'm not missing anything, I'm well aware of the fact that some manufacturers/wholesalers will sell to joe public. Clearly you aren't wearing their business shoes so my advice is to go find another company if this one for whatever reason doesn't suit you. What did you expect to achieve by coming here? You asked, someone who has a background in this area answered with what I thought was a sensible response. I know manufacturers that still travel the world, including USA, Europe, China, etc, doing trade shows. Dead? Not quite. Dead of the massive amount of freebies of yesteryears, perhaps.

Tropical Joe

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
Queens NY
You are clearly missing a whole lot. I mentioned some of the largest Aquarium manufactures out there that are selling to "JOE" direct. You got off the point of trades shows being disappointing. Obviously you won't go away and you want to have the last word-- So be it. Start your own discussion and have people like you ruin it. If a moderator will read this he can delete your attacks. Again you are entitled to your opinion but this has gone far enough.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Joe, let me stop you right there bud.
Rd is one of the smartest people here and he knows what he is talking about. He was even offered a mod position but turned it down although the offer is always on the table for him. A mod wouldn’t delete his posts in this thread as he hasn’t been rude whatsoever but simply pointing out some valid points.

Joe, we are all fishkeepers here, we are comrades, we are the same side of a coin, let’s not try to fight.

ReApEr666

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2018
i worked for a large scale coral distrubuter, i also worked the d.c. macna show a few yrs ago... most companies there are looking for wholesale accounts not individual/personal sales. The show is not really about "hobbiest"... its not fun dealing with rude/irate people trying to buy your products who dont understand the process. Wholesale companies cannot legally sell to individuals. They need both wholesale and retail liscences to do so. Some companies have both, some do not. The company i worked for made no sales during the shows as we were strictly there to "show off" and gain accounts. As a hobbiest you are infact the "third party"...thats just how it works. If u buy coral at the show ur still the 3rd party. ex. my company imported alot of the booths/retail vendors coral they purchaced at wholesale cost, marked up then u paid retail for. A tank is the same way unless u buy directly from a small builder.

ReApEr666

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2018
Another point u cant rule out is ur not the only one paying to be there...Not easy or cheap to get a booth, pay for your "team" to be there, set up, travel expenses, etc... then hope to gain enough new buisness to make the trip worth while for your company. Companies come from all over the world for macna and foot the bill.

Reactions: Fat Homer and RD.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I'm far from being the smartest of anything, but thanks for the vote of confidence. lol

A lot of consumers simply don't understand the process, or what's involved behind the scene of many vendors.

Another point u cant rule out is ur not the only one paying to be there...Not easy or cheap to get a booth, pay for your "team" to be there, set up, travel expenses, etc... then hope to gain enough new buisness to make the trip worth while for your company. Companies come from all over the world for macna and foot the bill.
Bingo!

You are clearly missing a whole lot. I mentioned some of the largest Aquarium manufactures out there that are selling to "JOE" direct. You got off the point of trades shows being disappointing. Obviously you won't go away and you want to have the last word-- So be it. Start your own discussion and have people like you ruin it. If a moderator will read this he can delete your attacks. Again you are entitled to your opinion but this has gone far enough.

Suddenly this "discussion" has become far clearer to me. You came here expecting support, not a sensible explanation regarding any of this. I have no idea why you think that I was attacking you? Just the facts maam....

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Before you spent all that money on flights to the show did you go direct to the pilot to see if he'd let you get on the plane at a discount....or did you go through the travel company?

Tropical Joe

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
Queens NY
Yes YOU GOT IT This is my point. You can book directly from the airlines to get a flight no need for the travel agent. This is the Americian way. Shop around for the best price. Instead of friends sticking together on these forums they should correct there so called buddies when they are wrong. Now I gave many examples of Direct ----The funny thing is they still won't understand. LOL So just use the third party and pay more. I guess thats what you guys like.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
:duh::WHOA::duh::WHOA::duh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store