Chemicals

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Based on what you show on your hand I probably wouldn't be too concerned about residual paint. Soap though? I would.

Do you see any bubbles or foam at the surface? I'm guessing not as your initial post indicates that you're on top of water quality. If you have any bubble at all wherever the surface is agitated that would be a major indicator. If you don't see any bubbles anywhere it may just be that you're about to take the least risky path and it's not going to hurt a thing.
No bubbles at the surface. I only noticed the soap when I pulled my hand out of the tank and saw some suds between my fingers.
Just between us chickens I am inclined to think you may not have an issue. I'd yard the carbon out and replace it at minimum and not be too concerned about an extra day or two chasing down any other media you may have had in there. As long as the fish don't look like they're laboring over anything ATM and as long as you get the carbon replaced, the actual sponge or floss material is (in my mind) less likely to be harboring a toxin. I'd replace it at my earliest convenience but I wouldn't lose sleep over it; I think you'll be fine.

All of that assumes the fish aren't obviously distressed.
I don't normally use carbon in there, so the carbon will be a new addition. Fish seen fine though.

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
I'd put a little carbon in the filter if you have it and I'd swing by the fish shop tomorrow to pick up whatever you need to service your AC110.

And my guess is that you likely don't have an emergency to address.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Roger, I got em. 900 knots closure
Fish seen fine so far, I think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store