Cherry Barb Constapated?

Zack333

Exodon
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Real Name
Zack
I've had this cherry Barb for a while and recently he started to swim odd, but only when he is trying to be still, when he swims around he looks, acts and eats fine. I haven't seen poop with any of the fish, but I haven't really been looking either.
So what do you guys think it is?
Picture attached, wierd how his throat looks so fat that's why I think it's constapation

IMG_20180911_204619947.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Thomas Lindsey Sr.
I've had this cherry Barb for a while and recently he started to swim odd, but only when he is trying to be still, when he swims around he looks, acts and eats fine. I haven't seen poop with any of the fish, but I haven't really been looking either.
So what do you guys think it is?
Picture attached, wierd how his throat looks so fat that's why I think it's constapation

View attachment 1334729

Looks bloated to me. Also could be egg bound.

Zack333

Exodon
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Real Name
Zack
It's a male (redder cherry Barb's are males more orangey females) so it's probably bloat. I was hoping it wasn't that but It developed while my brother was taking car of him so I thought he could just be super constapated
Thanks for the help

Reactions: tlindsey

skjl47

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
northeastern TN
Real Name
Jeff
Occupation
retired
Hello; One thing I try is to feed the inside of a common pea. I often just use some canned peas when I cook a meal and will get a spoon full of peas from the can before I cook them. I just squeeze the pea into a tank. Almost all fish will eat them and it is reported by some they will relieve constipation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store