Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Back in the game! Happy birthday to me lol

Big thanks to Monster Aquarium for this! This is a young Bagarius rutilus, whom I shall dub Dottie II, because it should be fairly obvious by now that I'm trying to rebuild my collection from before my life went to [censored].

Instead of starting a new thread, I am re-appropriating an old thread of mine to track this.

Next up for me? I desperately want a B. suchus.

20181115_184019.jpg

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Back in the game! Happy birthday to me lol

Big thanks to Monster Aquarium for this! This is a young Bagarius rutilus, whom I shall dub Dottie II, because it should be fairly obvious by now that I'm trying to rebuild my collection from before my life went to [censored].

Instead of starting a new thread, I am re-appropriating an old thread of mine to track this.

Next up for me? I desperately want a B. suchus.

View attachment 1344499
Nice to see you back with something to update us on :)

Reactions: Chicxulub

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I know you been creeping on my threads that’s why you bought one :cool-1:

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
My son has decided that this new fish is better named 3D than Dottie. I like it, we'll roll with that.

Also, it still hasn't eaten yet. That's fine though, I didn't really expect it to this early.

Reactions: moe214 and tlindsey

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
May as well update on old 3D. I thought I had updated this thread previously, but apparently I was wrong lol.

The goonch I got from Monster Aquarium turned out to be a Bagarius sp. "Indochina" and not a rutilus as I had first thought. The spots should have been a giveaway. ?‍♂

Before this one, I had only ever kept rutilus.

Oh my gawd.

The difference is incredible. Rutilus (ime anyway) are decent, well mannered members of a monster community tank. This thing is entirely different. It's territorial, aggressive, and extremely predatory. This fish decimated my tank. I've lost everything I had in there with the exception of a pair of big Bala sharks and a big old fire eel that can't be bothered with a catfish.

This devil catfish will be getting a solo tank once I'm set up in my new house.

Here he is enjoying his stock tank:

20200113_174516.jpg

necrocanis necrocanis thanks for reminding me to update bro. I've been slacking

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
May as well update on old 3D. I thought I had updated this thread previously, but apparently I was wrong lol.

The goonch I got from Monster Aquarium turned out to be a Bagarius sp. "Indochina" and not a rutilus as I had first thought. The spots should have been a giveaway. ?‍♂

Before this one, I had only ever kept rutilus.

Oh my gawd.

The difference is incredible. Rutilus (ime anyway) are decent, well mannered members of a monster community tank. This thing is entirely different. It's territorial, aggressive, and extremely predatory. This fish decimated my tank. I've lost everything I had in there with the exception of a pair of big Bala sharks and a big old fire eel that can't be bothered with a catfish.

This devil catfish will be getting a solo tank once I'm set up in my new house.

Here he is enjoying his stock tank:

View attachment 1401535

necrocanis necrocanis thanks for reminding me to update bro. I've been slacking
Definitely keeping an eye on your thread and goonch :) looking good so far. Satan's catfish minions have to live up to their names. There are several species of catfish that get the nickname of satan or devil catfish lol. For good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store