Chow time

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Fed some bloodworms the other day. The fish all loved it, especially the dempsey who stole half the cube:
5C30F9CE-7C56-4EB7-B581-CD454ADF23D6.jpeg
He quickly darts to the opposite end of the tank whenever he gets food. Very protective of meals.
It’s been nice to watch him become a more confident eater now that he is gaining size fast. Finally starting to live up to the Jack Dempsey name.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
My male dempsey is getting addicted to mealworms lol he steals them from my ctenopoma is it ok if I post a vid of him eating? (Since its your thread)
Go ahead!
This can be the officially thread for dempseys being pigs lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Deadeye Deadeye would you believe me if I told you he was a petsmart find? lol yep hes pushing 6" its weird he must have been a hidden gem he has had those colors almost all his life I got him at 1.5" and he got color at 2.5 he is also very very active for a JD my old female liked to stick to the bottom
Thats him a while ago

Reactions: Wharf and Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Deadeye Deadeye would you believe me if I told you he was a petsmart find? lol yep hes pushing 6" its weird he must have been a hidden gem he has had those colors almost all his life I got him at 1.5" and he got color at 2.5 he is also very very active for a JD my old female liked to stick to the bottom
Thats him a while ago
I do remember you mentioning that before (probably the last time I commented how good your jd looks). Petsmart does have surprisingly good quality fish. That’s where I had gotten all of my mbunas and my jd and they wound up coloring up very nicely.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store