Cichla ID and other stuff

Vaseto77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
Those are my first Cichla(I had before but for 3 mounts only ).I believe the bigger one is orino and the smaller mono.I have them for few days now and the mono try’s to eat flowting pellets, but spits them out and the orino gets them.They have no interest in any frozen food.The smaller one also have a sunken belly, but he is attacking the food and even my hand(seems to be the more aggressive one).So should I treat them or just wait and change the The food .Thanks in advise guys.

5A7B9033-0EF2-427B-B025-92CF95432FA5.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Orino and ocell looking. Wild pbass? I’d try mixing some hex shield with some pellets. Have to crush,mix and bind with seachem focus. What’s the poop looking like?

Vaseto77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
Orino and ocell looking. Wild pbass? I’d try mixing some hex shield with some pellets. Have to crush,mix and bind with seachem focus. What’s the poop looking like?
No they are aquarium bred in fact I have seen the mother of the mono.I haven’t seen them poop but there are no white poop or something like that in the aquarium .Is the sunken belly problem or it is normal among bass?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sunken belly is a prob. Sometimes from hexemita. Is the orino picking on the other pbass? It could be stressed out but would try making the pellets with hex shield pallatable with garlic or bloodworm juice.

Vaseto77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
Sunken belly is a prob. Sometimes from hexemita. Is the orino picking on the other pbass? It could be stressed out but would try making the pellets with hex shield pallatable with garlic or bloodworm juice.
No for now I don’t see aggression but from the transport there was a lot of stress(came with full belly) .I will wait one more day to see if he is eating and I will medicate him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store