Cichlid and tropical fish foods question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2015
Hi everyone, can someone explain what different between cichlid food and tropical food ? And why they make 2 different food but ingredients looks like the same? Thanks

02BEF526-D4FA-4DCA-B344-BCB29442C75D.jpeg

D3EC8390-5100-45A4-837F-2F0643962C0C.jpeg

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Omega changed their formulas recently, so I can only speak to their original formulas, which I used before they changed. I don't remember the exact specifics, but I preferred the ingredients and results of Super Color (red container) over the Cichlid pellets (blue container). As I recall (since I didn't really use their Cichlid pellets) my impression, based on ingredients, was their Cichlid pellets assumed fish that like more veggies, but in practice all it meant was they took an ingredient or two that I liked out of the mix. Their Veggie formula (green container) was a better option for veggie loving fish imo. But all of that was before they changed formulas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Htat and tlindsey

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think that the OP has now asked this same question in I believe 5 different threads. lol

Htat Htat - no need to spam the entire forum with the same question, in multiple folders. Imagine what a clusterphuck this forum would be if everyone did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store