cichlid tank

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Okay I am getting a bigger tank in about a week (70gal) I was going to put my African Cichlids in seeing as how they are outgrowing the tank they are in now. I have 4 of them and I wanted to put something else in with them, but I dunno what. They are all about 5 inches - not very big right now. any suggestions??

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
A lot depends on what kind of african cichlids you have..... did you want more fish of cats or plecos.... a little help please...... I can't read your mind.....YET. :ROFL:

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
my best bet is that he has mbuna's. I can read minds :D

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Benfica540 said:
my best bet is that he has mbuna's. I can read minds :D
:confused: I AM SO NOT A DUDE/HE/HIM!!!! I have Labidochromis caeruleus, Mbuna Lake Malawi, Pseudotropheus lombardoi, Melanochromis chipokee. I have a yoyo eel with them right now, he's doing fine.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
Ash said:
:confused: I AM SO NOT A DUDE/HE/HIM!!!! I have Labidochromis caeruleus, Mbuna Lake Malawi, Pseudotropheus lombardoi, Melanochromis chipokee. I have a yoyo eel with them right now, he's doing fine.
Sorry miss/ma'am. please don't take offense to that. :D

Anyway. If your gonna go with more mbuna's. def. get some more in there. I would say that they are pretty big at 5 inches. I would definetely go with some type of cynotilapia. They're my favorite type of mbuna's. They may not contrast your female kennyi's very nicely but they do look awesome. I would have said some pseudotropheus socolofi, but unless you don't mind the possibility of hybrids, I would scratch that. How many of each do you have? You could add a few more of each of those that you've got now, and get 4-5 cynotilapia. You could also go with some labeotropheous trewavasae. They get bigger and look really cool and would nicely contrast your other fishies in there. But with a 70, you could shoot for something like 14 or so total. A nice Mbuna community makes a very beautiful setup.

Top pick is labeotropheus
Bottome is cynotilapia

Both are awesome :thumbsup:

labeotr_trew_marmcat.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store