Class aquarium

Connor Mills

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2018
My teacher has a aquarium and she doesn’t know as much about fish / aquarium as I do. So she said I cloud set up a tank. So we set up a 20 gallon aquarium with a top fin silenstream 10 filter (I’m getting an aqueon quiet filter 20 for her too) and an aqueon 10 watt (i think) preset heater and what I believe is a pure ****ty air pump but I don’t think that will matter (will it?) no lights and no contact with sun what so ever. Why I’m asking you here today is because the water quality is just awful. The water is Grey and there was so much ammonia we’ve gone nose blind to the smell, I have told her to do a water change but clearly she’s not doing it. I know there’s no algae because there’s no light contact basically at all. Her or I are going to get new filters because believe me their dirty. I am planning for Monday to give her my old tank filter, maybe a few supplies like polyester fibers as a filter media type thing, and on my free period on Monday I’m no doubtably going to get a water change on that tank because it stank, also I’m going to get her water tested on Monday as well as mine at my tank at my house b/c it’s getting a little bit stinky as well. Any thing to help/suggest with the crappy water quality / stench on both tanks would be great (except for the water change because I know that needs to be done) Thanks MFK community

Connor Mills

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2018
And the funny thing is that she’s a science teacher so a lot of them have class pets but not this one :(

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Just thinking... You can get aqarium gear cheap on Wish. Air pumps, filters, lights and what not

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Guess you'll or other students will be doing water changes, sad that the teacher doesn't have the work ethic to drain a mere ten gallon setup

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Likely a bacterial bloom but couldn't say for sure without testing it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store