Clown food

kiloindia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
FL
What do you guys feed the big boys? I'm just using bloodworm and brine shrimp for my babies right now. I was considering a beefheart recipe minus the veggies. Anyone try that? I also heard beefheart may not be a good idea. Have you heard the same? I may do some live once a month or so. I'll be raising the live ones myself. Appreciate your FEED-back.

Dave

Filthy Sanchez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
You'd think most clowns would eat a lot of pie and drink seltzer water, but oh no they eat greasey food and drink a lot of booze. Bozo even smoked three packs of cigarrettes a day! Then there was Chuckles the clown who had a met.............oh you mean clown knife?

Actually when I kept clowns I usually fed them some flake food and pellets when they got bigger, in addition to the occasional feeder fish, and sometimes tadpoles. Though to be honest I only kept 2 in the past and both died before they got that big.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
in the sticky theres info about clowns and plus it tells what they eat

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
cocktail shrimp, beefheart, cichlid pellets, they occasionaly snag a feeder that is intended for the perch, cod....
I think thats about all that mine usually see....and they accept it willingly

cichlidcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Altoona, PA
Mine is about a foot long and I feed it raw shrimp, cut up smelt, shrimp pellets, floating cichlid pellets and his fav is live red worms.

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
mine get fed about six different kinds of pellets two kinds of stick food (same as pellet just stick form) freeze dried krill shrimp any kind of worms and frozen silversides i give them beef heart ocasionally as a treat but it is not good for them it will make your fish a fata$$ and every once in awhile he snags one of my arowanas live crickets

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
my clown is picky only eat bloodworms sometime krill all the time feeders when ever i give it. but won't eat beefheart or shrimp from the market or pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store