Clown Loach Help

TacoLalo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2019
I have a couple of clown loaches a green terror and Pleco in my 55 gallon currently. They are all juveniles and it is temporary until I finish building a stand for my 205 gallon. Anyways I noticed after I added the Pleco all these guys came down with ich. I did my water changes, raised the temp and used the treatment and it seems it has left all the fish except the clown loaches. I am still doing water changes, treating and keeping the heat at 80°. This guy also has what appears to be a piece of skin next to his eye folding out. I’m on day 4 of noticing what I thought was ich and all seem cured except the CL

Water params are:

pH: 7.4

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 20ppm

Any idea how I can help cure these guys they’re not swimming as much laying on the bottom without digging and hiding a lot more than normal.

E70F3F20-6BC7-4A88-92DA-88EB9BCCCD88.jpeg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Meds or salt will work. Bumpnur temp to 86 degrees. Add salt at 1 tsp per g, three times about 8hrs apart. With every water change replace the amount of salt removed.

Meds can be used like paragaurd or Kordon ich.

Do what’s easier for you to perform and keep up.

TacoLalo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2019
Meds or salt will work. Bumpnur temp to 86 degrees. Add salt at 1 tsp per g, three times about 8hrs apart. With every water change replace the amount of salt removed.

Meds can be used like paragaurd or Kordon ich.

Do what’s easier for you to perform and keep up.
Thank you! I am going now to get a new thermometer the one I have is making out at 80° in the tank.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Reactions: TacoLalo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store