Clown Loach Help

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Clowns do best in groups. The more the merrier if you want to enjoy all their quirky behaviour. The fact that you've only got two, and they're juveniles too, tells me that the poor little guys are stressed. A stressed clown loach is like a dinner bell to ich, which they have duly contracted, no surprises there. They also usually only raise their subocular spines when threatened or generally unhappy.

So there you go, read the signs, and remedy with a visit to the LFS for more clowns, once you get rid of the current ich outbreak that is. Don't forget to quarantine the new guys.

Just an afterthought too. I have absolutely no idea about green terrors other than they are a cichlid. Their name tells me they are, well, terrors! Are your clowns getting bullied by the green terrors by any chance? Maybe someone has some better knowledge and could clear that potential problem up.

Reactions: tlindsey

TacoLalo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2019
Clowns do best in groups. The more the merrier if you want to enjoy all their quirky behaviour. The fact that you've only got two, and they're juveniles too, tells me that the poor little guys are stressed. A stressed clown loach is like a dinner bell to ich, which they have duly contracted, no surprises there. They also usually only raise their subocular spines when threatened or generally unhappy.

So there you go, read the signs, and remedy with a visit to the LFS for more clowns, once you get rid of the current ich outbreak that is. Don't forget to quarantine the new guys.

Just an afterthought too. I have absolutely no idea about green terrors other than they are a cichlid. Their name tells me they are, well, terrors! Are your clowns getting bullied by the green terrors by any chance? Maybe someone has some better knowledge and could clear that potential problem up.
I apologize for my lack of clarification, I actually have 5 in the tank currently which I realized I only said “couple,” so sorry for that. The green terror actually pays no mind to the loaches and they all seem very happy especially at feeding time. All the fish contracted ich so I treated and they are all fine except two. One clown loch sadly passed this morning and the other spends his time at the top of the tank. When it’s feeding time all the other loaches will scavenge the bottom and the one with ich stays at the top of the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store