Clown loach pack

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Been keeping clowns for some time. around 2 years ago I lost about 8 big ones, and over the last 2 years I have been slowly restocking with any big clown I can get my hands on. The real big one is about 9 inches and thick as any I've seen online.

All together must have about 15 now living with some oscars.

IMG_20181030_220324.jpg IMG_20181030_220322.jpg

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Some of the big ones. The skinner one is close to 10-11 inches and was a real struggle to get it eating. A year later and trying every food under the sun he is now happily eating and will hopefully get as fat as the other over the next few months. IMG_20181106_141202.jpg IMG_20181106_141112.jpg

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
They look fantastic and all have strong coloration. I’m sure you’ve already done so but if not, you might consider deworming that skinny one. May have worms?

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
They look fantastic and all have strong coloration. I’m sure you’ve already done so but if not, you might consider deworming that skinny one. May have worms?
Thank you sir. Done that some time back as I thought he had the skinny disease but was just fussy. Finally eating like a clown should, so hopefully will be packing on the pounds

Reactions: Matteus

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
Might want to look for an aquatic vet. Parasites can be tricky. There's so many of them and each possible treatment only works on a few of them. Treatment by trial and error often doesn't work.

That being said, I have some that are smaller than the rest and one in particular is the smallest and slightly skinny. He stopped eating for several weeks. I suspected Cryptobia and gave him a 3-day treatment with dimetridazole. That was the last thing I could try before resorting to taking him to the vet. Almost miraculously, he resumed eating. I kept the next smallest loach with him and that loach looked like he improved quite a bit as well (even though he wasn't as sick).

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Awesome group of clowns! I’ve got a group of 7 that I’m growing out. Nowhere near as big as those though!

Reactions: Matteus

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Might want to look for an aquatic vet. Parasites can be tricky. There's so many of them and each possible treatment only works on a few of them. Treatment by trial and error often doesn't work.

That being said, I have some that are smaller than the rest and one in particular is the smallest and slightly skinny. He stopped eating for several weeks. I suspected Cryptobia and gave him a 3-day treatment with dimetridazole. That was the last thing I could try before resorting to taking him to the vet. Almost miraculously, he resumed eating. I kept the next smallest loach with him and that loach looked like he improved quite a bit as well (even though he wasn't as sick).
I said believe he was just caught from the wild at a large size and that's why he didn't take to pellets. How ever he is eating mussels prawns at the moment so hopefully will start bulking. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: moe214 and Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store