Clown loach tank

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
How many clown loaches could I fit in a 72" x 18" x 24" L x W x H and what tank mates would you recommend, I thought about:
3 uaru
6 silver dollars
1 flag tail
1 featherfin catfish
And the clowns
Would this work or do you have other suggestions for tank mates, I want them to be active

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
How many clown loaches could I fit in a 72" x 18" x 24" L x W x H and what tank mates would you recommend, I thought about:
3 uaru
6 silver dollars
1 flag tail
1 featherfin catfish
And the clowns
Would this work or do you have other suggestions for tank mates, I want them to be active

I've read from other members that Featherfin Cats will defend territory like an area of driftwood but other than that could work.

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
I've read from other members that Featherfin Cats will defend territory like an area of driftwood but other than that could work.
Yeah I have him now and he does a bit but he shares his cave with a pictus catfish, how many clowns do you think I could get

Reactions: tlindsey

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Real similar to my current stock. Definitely do at least 3 uaru. I did two, and eventually had to rehome one due to aggression. The larger number should help disperse that. If you can, I'd run a good sized sump to increase water volume if you cannot get a larger tank. In 5 years or so you'll be happy to have that extra volume. With a somewhat similar stocklist in my 170-180 gallon system, I'm building up nitrates pretty good by the end of the week.

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
See I found this tank on eBay and it was just what I was looking for, I was planning to do a 30-40 gallon sump but its based on what my floor can hold, I'm only allowed it in my bedroom. That's the biggest tank I could go and it spreads the load quite well. The only thing with a sump is that I'm scared to drill the tank, my dad doesn't think its a good idea and being 13 I can't do it myself. Are there other ways to plumb a sump without drilling the tank.

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
HOB overflow box. I've never used one, so couldn't tell you much about them. But folks like J jaws7777 and others have and could give you some input on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store