Clown Loaches: okay to feed full size frozen krill?

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
I bought a bunch of frozen food for cheap.when liveaquaria was getting rid of stock. I accidentally bought flats of full size frozen krill.

I've fed a few times and the clown Loaches seem to be able to break up the krill. I just wanna make sure I'm not making a mistake. I accidentally killed rummynose with mysis that were too bigm I also have frozen gammarus shrimp that look similar in size.

The pleco and panda garra suck on the pieces but Im bit sure if they are actually able to rasp anything off.

Is it okay to out whole like I've been doing or should I try defrosting and then maybe peeling?
MVIMG_20200311_163723.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I bought a bunch of frozen food for cheap.when liveaquaria was getting rid of stock. I accidentally bought flats of full size frozen krill.

I've fed a few times and the clown Loaches seem to be able to break up the krill. I just wanna make sure I'm not making a mistake. I accidentally killed rummynose with mysis that were too bigm I also have frozen gammarus shrimp that look similar in size.

The pleco and panda garra suck on the pieces but Im bit sure if they are actually able to rasp anything off.

Is it okay to out whole like I've been doing or should I try defrosting and then maybe peeling?
View attachment 1408750
My Clown Loaches actually prefer the Mysis Shrimp over Krill that size but it's ok just don't overfeed too much of it.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
My Clown Loaches actually prefer the Mysis Shrimp over Krill that size but it's ok just don't overfeed too much of it.
The rainbows and clown Loaches love the frozen Canadian mysis! Even the rummynose loved it unfortunately as it burst their stomachs.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store