clowns have ick! ??

oogie

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2006
on an icecube.....
well all tthree of my clowns got ick, i read through the threads but i still have some questions

what kind of salt should i use? i have marine salt(instant ocean brand)and how mutch should i add to a 30g?do i only add salt wonce plus some for when i do a WC? and how long should i continue the treatment?

thanks i dont whant to loose my clowns but i think i will:(

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Use aquarium salt. They sell it at Petsmart cheap. It will tell you how much to dose them with. And you will want to turn your heater up a couple of degrees. Continue treating until it is gone. Which should be in a couple of days.

They are very easy to treat. They will get rid of the ich as quick as they picked it up.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
How did you think it started in the first Place? so you remember to prevent it happening again. you must of added fish or some kind of solution.

All fish from the wild must be qurantine, it is a must thing to do, because they can cause deasease like ick.

salt does work I heard from a fish manager marine salt and freshwater salt are the same thing it just one desolve faster. i use marie salt for my fishes that had it before and it cleared up. Olny one acception of differents though.

I did it every day 5-7 days changing water 20-50percent of water in the tank. Constant water change i find is a good thing!

You can cure premature ick with only constant everyday water changes it does work it just takes longer than medicated treatment.

When your fish is compeletly heavily cover with it, your chance of your fishes surviveing is less than 3percent chance.

Remember NEVER EVER PANIC by add other thing if you see no result with in the first two-3days .

oogie

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2006
on an icecube.....
well the loaches were the only fish in the tank and were there in it for a month, the smaller one was dead by the time i got back with the salt:( and the two larger ones are looking realy covered in it, sence i think both will be dead soon i was wondering how long you should wait to add more fish to a tank after ick is cured/ the fish die?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store