CO2 Purchase Advice

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
I am lazy. By this I mean I usually wanted to finded the most efficient (least time required) solutions for anything. Part of this is i am a bog fan of the KISS theory- "Keep It Sim[le, Stupid!" I mostly used small gravel for my planted tank with some laterite mixed into the bottom layer. I also had bare bottom planted tanks ar tanks with a thin layer of sand and all plants still in pots etc.

This 75 gal. tank was pressed into use for excess plants and to serve as quarantine for a box of inported redline barbs I got yo bring for sale as a vendor at the NEC weekend event. Today it has morphed into a real jungle and is still a temporary tank about 4 years later.

To me low tech means plants that need minimal attention. I get good growth and little algae. My biggest problem are anubias growing to the surface. As they near the light source algae tends to form on the upper leaves.

Great pics. Ferts and CO2 in the temperate jungle tank?

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
No co2. I use Flourish Excel in all tanks except the pressurized co2 tank when I had it. I am also a huge fan of the Tropica fertilizers. I am still using them today. I used to buy the 5 liter jugs but they got almost impossible to find in the states.

Basically, in tanks from 5 - 29 gals I use the Specialized (green) and in larger tanks I use the Seachem individual macros ferts and the Tropica Premium Nutrition (brown). I dose ferts and Excel after weekly water changes. To me low tech means low work levels required to maintain. I am a fish keeper first and foremost. I began doing live plants when I found out they would allow me to keep more fish in a tank becaisuse they helped keep the water clean and, as important, they broke sight lines (allowing fish to avoid or end fights) and provided fry with hiding places.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store